“Everyone fails. Anyone you see succeeding is only succeeding at the things you’re paying attention to—I guarantee they are also failing at lots of other things. The people I respect most are those who fail well. I respect them even more than those who succeed.” – Ray Dalio, Bridgewater
2018 – what the hell was that?!
This seems to be the common question asked by South African entrepreneurs and small business owners who have found themselves struggling with a tough economy. As an entrepreneur, it is easy to drop your head but there is light at the end of the tunnel and to kickstart your 2019, we will be releasing our “2018 Failure Recovery Guide” at midnight on 1 January 2019.
Delivered as a PDF E-book, this practical and easy to implement guide will look at:
- Ways to bounce back from your failures
- Why pizza might just trump technology
- Opportunity and the Innovation Hub
- Identifying Features and Benefits for your business
- The Law of Holes
- Why you should give your product or service away
- The value of skills and networks for entrepreneurs
- Get some LinkedIn loving
- South African Influencers to connect with in 2019 to lift your game
- Trendwatching: industries which are bubbling under in 2019
- ….. and much more!
About the author:
Award winning financial journalist Marc Ashton has had his shares of entrepreneurial adventures having run JSE-listed media group Moneyweb before striking out on his in 2018. During his 15 years as a financial journalist, Marc has had the opportunity to interview, follow and interrogate a number of business executives and entrepreneurs.
In 2018, he invested in a medical technology business which was nominated for 2 innovation awards and secured international exposure and clients in its first 6 months of operation.
In this guide, he shares his views and tools he has used to identify new clients and the techniques he has used to analyse “failure” during his entrepreneurial journey.