This agreement is for use by employers that wish to employ employees on a fixed-term basis for a period of more than 3 months and who earn less than the above threshold, for example someone goes on maternity leave and an interim person must be appointed for 5 months; this agreement can be used in that instance. This agreement can also be used for project-based work that endures for a limited period of time.
It is drafted to ensure that there is no liability that attaches to the employer once the fixed-term expires and entrenches the fact that there is no expectation of permanent employment.
We advise employers to use fixed-term contracts prudently and in good faith. We reiterate that hiring someone on several consecutive fixed-term contracts is likely to be viewed seriously by our courts and such employees will be afforded the full-protection afforded to permanent employees.
ThisFIXED TERM EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT:
- is legally substantive (9 pages in total);
- is bordered;
- has pages numbered;
- is fully justified;
- is typed up using Tahoma font, size 10;
- has been meticulously spell-checked;
- is extremely professional in its appearance;
- has several drafting and explanatory notes therein for guidance;
- can be printed onto 9 A4 pages. (In the interests of the environment, it is suggested that the agreement be printed back to back on 5 pages.)
ThisFIXED TERM EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENThas the following clauses:
- HOURS OF WORK
- ANNUAL LEAVE
- SICK LEAVE
- EMPLOYMENT DUTIES
- NOTICE PERIOD AND TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT
APPENDIX 1: SPECIFIC DUTIES OF THE EMPLOYEE
APPENDIX 2: FURTHER INFORMATION TO BE PROVIDED BY FIXXED-TERM EMPLOYEES
Please read carefully through the agreement and fill in all missing details; in preparing a signature document, please have regard to all the notes we have placed hereon to assist you with the conclusion of a professional, legally binding agreement.