Raising capital for a new business or concluding a transaction with a new investor can be incredibly daunting for entrepreneurs.
The process often involves a significant amount of jargon, particularly as you get closer to putting pen to paper.
The team from AlphaCode recently hosted advisory firm Africa Solved to explain to entrepreneurs the concept of a “Termsheet”.
In this excellent video masterclass, co-founder, Eleni Vassilopoulos demystifies timesheets by covering the following:
- A a high-level overview of a transaction timeline, including key milestones within the transaction process
- When term sheets should be entered into;
- The key terms to be included in a term sheet, including on how to have the difficult discussions with a potential investor at the outset;
- Minority and majority shareholder protections, including from an entrepreneurs perspective;
- Contentious / negotiated points
- Key considerations of international investors into Africa, including currency convertibility, exchange control and anti-money laundering
If you are a technology entrepreneur, you would do well to check out the work that AlphaCode are doing.
To find out more about Africa Solved, click here.
Enjoy this excellent Masterclass!