With the South African Revenue Services (SARS) being rebuilt after years of neglect and the South African government looking to improve revenue collection, we have begun to gather research on the SARS dispute process and feedback from businesses and individuals.
For many businesses, there are few things more intimidating than receiving a letter of demand from SARS:
- Should I fight the demand even if it cripples my business?
- Where do I even start when it comes to a SARS dispute?
- Are there professional negotiators who will engage SARS on my behalf?
- If I incur tax debt, are there funding organisations who will assist in providing bridging finance for my tax debt?
- Once I have successfully engaged SARS, how do I ensure tax compliance going forward?
- Can I negotiate my SARS tax debt down?
These are all questions that we have found entrepreneurs, finance directors and business owners asking but from early research, it is clear that many stakeholders are unaware of the options available to them.
If you have the opportunity, please take 2 minutes to complete the below survey relating to SARS tax disputes and help us better understand the ecosystem and the challenges that business owners face in engaging SARS or managing their disputes.
For taking the time to complete this survey, we will send you a free copy of our 2018 Failure Recovery Guide for entrepreneurs valued at R175.
If you are currently in a SARS tax dispute / battling to engage SARS around your tax debt and unsure which way to turn, please complete the form below and one of our Problem-Solvers will be in touch to discuss your requirements.