As a data-driven platform, we spend a lot of time analysing the search phrases and questions that our community regularly plug into Google. We have begun to compile a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) resource to answer some of your questions:
- Is there Agro-Processing sector funding?
There are a number of funding options that are available to entrepreneurs in the agriculture and Agro-Processing sectors. These could take the forms of grants, debt funding or Enterprise Development (ED) / Supplier Development (SD) funding.
One of the main forms of funding for entrepreneurs in this sector includes the Agro-Processing Support Scheme. This incentive offers up to R20m in grant funding for qualifying entrepreneurs.
- What is the Best Dividend ETF in South Africa?
All investment decisions should be referred to a qualified financial advisor but there are a couple of dividend paying Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) listed in South Africa including:
- The Satrix Divi ETF – The index consists of 30 companies that are expected to pay the best normal dividends over the forthcoming year. The index consists of 30 companies that are expected to pay the best normal dividends over the forthcoming year.
- Coreshares DivTrax ETF – Tracks the S&P South Africa Dividend Aristocrats Index. This index represents companies that have increased or maintained stable dividends for the past seven years running.
- CoreShares S&P Global Dividend Aristocrats – tracks the S&P Global Dividend Aristocrats Blend Index (Custom) – a global index that covers Europe, Canada, Pan Asia and the United States.
- Are there Government Incentives available to assist entrepreneurs?
There are a number of incentives available to entrepreneurs looking to develop and grow their business. Some of these include the Agro Processing Support Scheme, the Black Industrialist Scheme, the Export Marketing Incentive, the Employment Tax Incentive and a variety of R&D Grants and Incentives.
- How do I buy African Rainbow Capital shares?
African Rainbow Capital is listed on the JSE and can be purchased through any registered stockbroker. If you are just starting out, then consider the EasyEquities platform as a way to learn about buying shares.
- How do I value my business to sell?
There are a number of valuation metrics and strategies and much of this will depend on the type of business you are trying to sell and who is planning to purchase your business. If you need assistance with a business valuation, please complete our online form and one of our team will be in touch to assist you.
- How to invest offshore from South Africa
There are a number of ways of investing offshore from South Africa and you should consult a licensed financial services provider before committing any funds. Entry-level investors can invest through a number of platforms including EasyEquities, OUTvest or Coreshares.
- Where can I find a Memorandum of Incorporation for an SME?
Your business is a potentially valuable asset and it is critical that you protect your assets with the correct legal documentation and structures. We offer a variety of legal templates for entrepreneurs to consider. This includes an MOI for a new Private Company or for an SMME
- Where can I find assistance for SARS debt relief / a SARS tax dispute?
A battle with SARS can be financially draining and time-consuming for any entrepreneur. We have Problem-Solvers who can assist entrepreneurs in dealing with SARS tax disputes and assist with debt relief. If you would like somebody to assist you with a SARS related dispute or with SARS Debt Relief, please complete this form here.
- What is the Section 11D incentive?
Section 11D is a tax incentive issued by SARS to drive Research & Development. It allows:
- A deduction equal to 150% of expenditure incurred directly for Research & Development and
- An accelerated depreciation deduction (that is, 50:30:20) for capital expenditure incurred on machinery or plant used for R&D.
If you need assistance in applying for the Section 11D, please click here.
- Where can I locate a Software Development Services Agreement for my business?